Experienced Attorneys Who Are Responsive And Committed To Our Clients

Child Support, Collection And Agreement Modification Services

Whether you are an unmarried parent or going through a divorce, your child support plan has a big impact on your finances. At Bertolini, Schroeder & Blount, Attorneys at Law, we understand that while you want to do what is best for your kids, you also want to make sure your own rights are protected. As we guide you through the process, we answer all of your questions and make sure that you know what to expect.

Our family law attorneys have over 85 years of combined experience successfully protecting the rights of individuals across Nebraska. We always put our clients first, providing individualized personal service and solutions tailored to your specific needs.

Understanding Child Support Guidelines

The Nebraska child support guidelines are based on the incomes of both parents. Income is a broad, discretionary term that can include a wide range of factors, including free military base housing. In order to get a plan that accurately reflects your needs, it’s important to understand exactly what information needs to be submitted to the courts.

There are unique child support considerations for military families. The nontaxable pay of military personnel is included in the Nebraska child support calculation. Incentive pay for deployments such as Hostile Fire/Imminent Danger Pay (HFP/IDP) may also be included. Our attorneys have extensive experience helping military members understand how child support works and negotiate fair agreements.

Modification Of Your Child Support Agreement

In Nebraska, you can ask for an increase or a decrease in child support if there has been a significant change in income. The change must impact your support payment by more than 10%. In addition, the change must have already been in existence for at least three months and is expected to continue for at least six months more. We can help you determine if you qualify for a modification and assist you in the application process.

Enforcing Child Support Agreements And Helping With Collection

If your parenting partner is not making timely child support payments, we can take legal action to help you collect the money you are owed. To protect your rights and your children, you need to take the proper steps. We can help you file a contempt action or initiate a wage garnishment to help you get your support payments.

Contact The Child Support Attorneys At Bertolini, Schroeder & Blount, Attorneys at Law

Dedicated to helping real people find real solutions, we are ready to help you resolve all of your child support concerns. Contact us online or call our 24-hour answering service at 402-982-4237 to schedule a free office consultation.